Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Brochure Critique

Our final day of class was this past Monday, where we spent some time passing around each of our completed brochures. I honestly can't say that there was one I didn't like or find creative. I was extremely pleased with the response that my brochure received. People mentioned that it seemed professional and well balanced, while Professor Green commented on my ability to select fonts that mesh well. I was genuinely happy with the response because this piece was a bit more fun for me to work on, rather than the heavily emotional project I've done most of the semester.

As mentioned in a previous post, my brochure's purpose was to promote and educate everyone on one of my favorite musicians, Ed Sheeran. The color scheme I used was a mixture of orange, black, and white. I was apprehensive about using orange as a main color, but I felt it was necessary since Ed is indeed a ginger and uses the color quite often!

SIDE ONE:
SIDE TWO:
I wanted each page to serve a specific purpose and have it's own identity, but without straying too far that it seemed completely random and out of place. Also, for picture selection, the three images that I chose to use helped give the page more if it's identity. For instance, on the biography page, we have a more quirky photograph of Ed. The tour page features an image of him performing. And the social media page has a picture of him with a piece of paper saying "HI!" on his tongue.

If anyone is wondering why there is an orange paw-print on the front page, it's because Ed has made that paw-print on of his signature logos, along with a plus sign. Staying on the topic of the front page, I didn't include any images because I wanted to emphasis the fact that Ed Sheeran is a very music first artist. He is actually quite awkward in interviews and would much rather let his music do the talking.

I would love to get some more feedback on my brochure! Some of my friends suggested that I actually mail the brochure to Ed's management team! Haha :)


No comments:

Post a Comment