Monday, October 22, 2012

Using FedEx to Print


I wanted to share my experience using FedEx Online Printing to print my magazine layout for the in class presentations last week. A few classmates faced some obstacles when it came to printing their final designs, so I’m hoping this will give them a little guidance.

Once my project was completed and in PDF form, I accessed the FedEx site and navigated to their online printing page, which can be found here: http://www.fedex.com/us/office/index.html

I then clicked the “start online order” option and proceeded with the “set up a document” option that allows you to upload files to the site directly from your computer. Once uploaded, you can set the print options for your document. I would recommend selecting the “set your own options,” considering the fact that our projects need to be within a certain set of guidelines. By setting your own options, you can select the type of paper, print color and much more. The best part of this option is the fact that you can add in special instructions that will be sent directly to the person printing your document. When ordering my magazine layout, I made sure to reiterate the fact that it was indeed an 11.5 x 17 document and I also wanted it mounted onto a foam board.

Once you have done that, you can then entire in your information and select which FedEx you would like to have your document sent to. I selected the FedEx Kinko’s on McKinley Parkway in Blasdell, NY.  If you did indeed include special instructions, you will receive a phone call a few hours after placing your order from a worker, who will go over your order before they finalize and print it.

When I went to pick it up, the worker was extremely kind and allowed me to look over the layout before I paid. In total, the layout cost me around $8.

I hope this long and in-depth explanation will help some of you the next time we have to print a project out for this class!

Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment