Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Magazine Layout Inspiration

For the current project, I briefly flipped through the magazines provided by Professor Greenan. Along with those magazines, I decided to do some more research and look for a view inspiring layout ideas on the internet.

I found two that really stuck with me for very different reasons.

The first one was ironically an article about design!

What I most admire about this layout is the simplicity. It isn't necessarily plain, but it isn't over the top. I feel as though the center image saves the layout from being too dull. I also admire the way the title, short description and a specific quote have been secluded. If I was creating this piece, I probably would've been self conscious over leaving that much white space, however, it works extremely well in my opinion.

The second one is an article about pumpkins! (I'm a huge fan of Halloween and fall, in general, so it seemed like a good fit.)

The use of color and shape stood out most to me in this layout. I absolutely love the way the "p" is holding most of the text and the use of a mellow orange that mixes well with the white. Also, the line that runs along side the title down to the E is a great addition. It instantly draws the reader to a specified point.

For our in-class project, I decided to use the pumpkin article, so I'm hoping to incorporate something from each of these examples. I can't wait to share the final product in a few weeks! Wish me luck. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment